I love this so much!! I haven't tried it yet, but when I do I'll post a picture of it!
Saturday, December 29, 2012
I love gradient nails! Here's a really cute and simple gradient design with polka dots. Cute Polish made the video and I just mimicked it. I did it to myself, and I added a pink bow-tie nail sticker. I alternated from two different blue polishes. I used a light blue on every other finger, and then a dark blue on my pointer and ring finger.
Friday, December 28, 2012
I just bought some gold and silver nail foil flakes. I've had no experience with nail foil, so this will be a fun experiment. I think this video is pretty cool, even though loose foil isn't being used.
Here's a picture showing the foil pieces on nails.
Thursday, December 27, 2012
I've always wanted to try nail art stamping kits. So today at Sally's Beauty Supply I caved in and bought the Salon Express nail art stamping kit. When I first heard about nail stamping I wanted to get Konad's version, because that seems to be the more professional brand. Instead I'm going to give Salon Express a shot. Wish me luck!!
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Monday, December 24, 2012
- Base coat
- White polish
- light pink polish
- hot pink polish
- pink polish
- dark blue polish
- blue polish
- light blue polish
- silver sparkle polish
- gold sparkle polish
- High gloss top coat
- Makeup sponge
- Nail glue
- Cina Christmas nail art decals
- nail polish remover
- Paint nails with a base coat and let dry.
- Paint nails with one coat of white nail polish.
- Let the nails dry completley.
- Pick three colors that are just a few shades apart. Three shades of blue will be used on these nails and pink will be used on the accent nail.
- Take a makeup sponge and paint the three colors on it. Start by painting a stripe of dark blue, then paint a stripe of blue, and then paint a stripe of light blue. *It's important to paint the colors in this order so they blend together.*
- Sponge the colors on the tip of your nail. Press the darker color on the tip and slowly sponge the lighter colors down and toward the middle of the nail.
- Paint a high gloss top coat over the nail. This will blend the colors even more.
- Let the nails dry.
- Take the dark blue nail polish brush and get most of the color off.
- Now slowly brush the dark blue only on the very tips of the nail. Start from the tip and brush down.
- Paint tips with sparkly silver nail polish. Start by painting the tips and brushing it down toward the middle of the nail and then stop. *On the pink accent nail, use gold glitter polish.*
- Once dry, decorate nails with the Cina christmas nail decals. Some of the decals need to be applied to the nail with nail glue.
- Finish with the high gloss top coat.
- If there's polish on your skin, clean it off with a Q-tip dipped in remover.
❃ Here are some examples ❃
Nail Polish used *order from left to right*
Orly Bonder: Rubberized base coat
Dashing Diva Top Seal: Fast-drying high gloss top coat
OPI Pirouette My Whistle
OPI Alpine Snow
Essie Mint Candy Apple
Essie Bikini So Teeny
OPI Pink Friday
Color Club Peppermint Twist
Color Club Warhol
Friday, December 14, 2012
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon white cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Do your hands feel dry and in need of pampering? Want to treat yourself to an affordable spa treatment? All you have to do is go to your pantry and grab some ground coffee, white cane sugar, and extra virgin olive oil. That's right, these three ingredients will make your hands soft and youthful! The sugar and coffee exfoliate the skin, while the olive oil conditions. An added bonus is the caffeine in the coffee. Caffeine stimulates the skin and gives it a fabulous tight glow. All you do is mix 1 tablespoon ground coffee, 1 tablespoon white cane sugar, and 3 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. If you want the scrub to have more of a conditioning effect, dilute it with the olive oil. Take a handful of the coffee scrub and rub it through your hands for a minute or two. While rinsing it off, make sure there's a basket strainer or thick paper towel over your drain so you can throw the used coffee grounds away. *This scrub is also great for your whole body.* Once your done using this stimulating coffee hand scrub, you can start prepping your nails for a colorful manicure!